Broken glass. This one is a no-brainer, especially if you have a window that has only one pane of glass. That crack is going to cost you money on your energy bills and it is going to let moisture into the walls of your home, which can lead to rot.
- Broken glass. This one is a no-brainer, especially if you have a window that has only one pane of glass. That crack is going to cost you money on your energy bills and it is going to let moisture into the walls of your home, which can lead to rot.
- Inefficient Window leak. Leaking windows allow water to come into the home, both in from and behind the walls. Mold is a dangerous by-product of moisture entering the home, and it can be detrimental to your family’s health and the resale value of your home.
- Old windows may be manufactured from harmful materials- Window frames painted with lead-based paint were once common practice. New impact eliminate exposure to harmful substances and provide much greater energy efficiency than the old windows that more than likely had lead-based paint.
- Your home needs some curb appeal. There is no way to sugar coat it: old windows look, well, old and faded and out dated. No amount of window treatments will change that. Changing out the windows with new replacement windows will help give your home the look you are aiming for and improve the curb appeal.
- Noise Reduction. Those older, single-pane windows will also do a poor job of keeping the noise out. Newer windows with double or triple panes of glass not only keep the heat out in the summer and the cold out in the winter; they also keep the noise out all year long. In a busy city like Miami, this can really make a big difference. If you’re tired of listening to the neighbors or the traffic, new windows can help.
- Decreased utility costs– In addition to available rebates that results in lower bills, more energy efficient windows will also work to lower energy bills each month because your home will be better insulated. Better insulation results in less heat loss in the winter and less work for the air conditioner in the summer.
- Home Value– Did you know that new Impact windows have a return of investment of up to 80%? This figure is among the highest on home improvements. Even if you’re looking to sell you home, installing new replacement windows is a smart investment.
- Family Safety– Todays Impact windows offers a variety of increased security features for your family protection. Non impact windows are extremely easy to break in through.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, and you’d like to know what it would cost to have replacement windows installed in your South Florida home, drop us a line and we’ll have a specialist come to your home and give you a free, no obligation, estimate. At Florida Engineered, we take the mystery and stress out of getting replacement windows. Get your Free Estimate set up today.